Galdes & Mamo Ltd. was established in 1947 as an importer of top quality decorative paints and ironmongery items. The source of supply was then primarily the UK but gradually the spectrum of sources expanded to worldwide.
Initially the system of business was that of importation for the account of major ironmongery shops and very little stock was in fact held by the Company. However with time this system changed and the Company evolved into an importation and distribution company with its own warehouses, sales and delivery men. Eventually it opened its own retail outlet selling automotive refinishing paints, garage equipment, power tools, welding equipment and wood stains and colours.